1. Humans make one random crow 'famous'.
2. Fandom and jealousy ensue.
3. Crow gets 'legal protection' from stalkers.
4. Someone abducts the humanized crow anyway.
5. 'Laws' accomplish nothing; humans sworn to 'protect' him take no action.
6. Thousands of upset humans who would never have been sad before reading about a 'famous crow' cry out 'injustice!' Petition to save that one crow appear. "Thoughts and prayers" (posted everywhere).
7. I sigh (again) at this global pattern over my entire 50 year lifetime.
Meanwhile I've known over 50 crows throughout my lifetime, some close enough I could pet them, and all were born wild and stayed wild. My stories would amazing some, but not the native chiefs I've met, who understand us (crow and Crow alike). There's far more to this 'physical reality' than most will ever discover. I have 3 new crow friends at my new home already. (Plus 7 other species of animals (not birds)).
What lessons are other humans learning... if any? Seriously... put your thoughts into words and explain this lesson to me - is there more than one?
What I (TOHLPC) see happening: If you make a 'non-human' friend, don't tell anyone, especially the public... humans ruin everything through jealousy and ignorance. You cannot educate every human fast enough to stop bad things from happening by making everyone look at you (share, explain). Animals are better off without human intervention ('laws', 'rules', 'protection', 'parading', 'merchandise'). If you do not understand this then you are not a spiritual being... and at the very least not a wise one. Friendship is one thing, sharing each other is fine, but parading and 'sharing' only makes a mess of things due to human fear and jealousy... every time. Animals are right to avoid humans; the only animal that intentionally creates nuclear waste and are so ignorant as to fear their own bodies ('laws' against having one) while believing in the invisible bogey man in the sky.
Still... I miss seeing you, Canuck... but I WARNED YOU where this would lead. Now you know I was right (what happens when any creature ignores my wisdom and/or awareness, no matter their excuse). #HumanMonsters