Advice from a cranky old PROFESSIONAL.
Old video systems:
Pro: Manual focus (use your brains and skills), total control over accuracy and quality of pan, zoom, focus, angle, range, etc, always 9/10 quality at high end analogue consumer grade.
Con: Idiot users, rarely accurate framing, often bad focus skills, jerky bumps while recording, etc.
New video systems:
Pro: Auto focus (zero brains or skills), zero or very little control over accuracy or quality of pan, zoom quality (pixilization sucks), focus, angle, range, etc, most often 5/10 quality at 'high end' digital consumer grade.
Con: Idiot users, still rarely accurate framing, often bad focus anyway, less care in recording and still often jerky anyway and can see corrections by technology plus there's constant slow panning at the worst possible frame rate which adds constant jitter to every video they create leading to a 'Let's all have a seizure' effect no matter what they do manually.
1. Switch to 100% MANUAL Mode.
2. *** Take a video recording training class. ***
3. Move your camera like you move your head: Look for 1-2 seconds completely still, swift move to another position for 1-2 seconds (NOT A SLOW JITTERY PAN AT LOW FRAME RATE), swift move to yet another position for 1-2 seconds (or longer for that cinematic movie effect), and if you MUST pan, then do so VERY slowly so there's NO JITTER AT ALL or 'up' your frame rate to at least 60-90 frames per second (even when you upload to You Tube or whatever).
4. EDIT your videos! Cut out those bad parts where you bump the camera and everything goes nuts for that one second with a high speed cross fade, NOT a simple CUT edit! (Just as bad)... or just cut half the damned scene out since you suck at recording anyway... I don't care if you were scared of the tornado or stepping on a frog at the time.
5. DO NOT YELL WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR RECORDER RIGHT BY YOUR FUCKING FACE YOU TOTAL IDIOT!!! Someone else can say "Watch out for that falling tree!" or "Hey, Tim! I'm recording this right now, and I'm yelling into the microphone to fuck up this entire situation and annoy the fuck out of the 178 people who might see this later of my crappy channel!"
6. If your video is shit, BURN IT, do NOT 'upload it to the internet'. *Smacks you forehead* Control yourself! There's 20 other idiots out there already recording what you are anyway, so your crap doesn't even matter (probably)... unless your quality is GOOD!
There... I fixed a portion of the internet... you're welcome 'society'.